Thursday, October 07, 2010

Blah blah etc etc

Perhaps there is something wrong with me. That is the only conclusion I can come to, that perhaps the problem is not everyone else, their inane stupidity, their mindless repetition, never ending greed, self-worship, infinite drivel and just general disregard for the world around them - perhaps I am the one who is out of place. Perhaps everyone is moving forward whilst I remain firmly in a standstill - worse yet, perhaps I'm willingly moving in reverse.

Everything just seems so dull and meaningless, the same loop played over and over and over again. It's the same event, same outcome on different days, with different people in different places. But it's really all the same fucking thing over and over again. Everyone goes on whilst I sit here cherishing little, remembering nothing and regretting everything. Trapped in a cycle that just goes on and on and on.

The memories I once held dear I can scarcely remember and those that I do are tinged anyway, the people I once cared for I utterly resent, and everyday I conspire at further alienating and detaching myself from everyone trying to reach out to me. I never asked for your help, your consideration or your love. I just asked to be left alone.

The earth keeps spinning, people move forward and everything goes on. All your childhood friends become vengeful, spiteful leeches that feed on misery. You realise people are selfish psychotic beings that think with the wrong organ and who will bring you down to their level. The voices you once found soothing become a monotonous drone. That girl you once loved you realise is a whore, spreading lies and venereal diseases where ever she goes. That baby whose mother had high hopes for as she held him in her arms becomes a mass murderer. Your home town which once had so much colour and energy now seems grey and bleak. The petals decay and everything wilts away.

Perhaps it is I who has changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home